Ivy received her BA from UC Berkeley in integrative biology with a minor in women’s studies in 1996. She received her Master in public health with an emphasis in health and social behaviors, also from UC Berkeley, in 2001.
Ivy presently works as an independently contracted health educator. She currently works as a lecturer for the health education, human sexuality and psychology departments at San Francisco State University.
In the News
- 9/21/2018: The Atlantic: What Teens Think of the Kavanaugh Accusations
- 2017-2018: Sex Ed with DB Podcast, seasons 1 & 2 (2017-2018)
- 3/10/2008: KALW radio interview about girls & sex education
- 2/18/2008: Teaching Kids About Sex (The View From the Bay)
- 2/11/2007: Sex Ed Grows Up – Ivy Chen’s lively brand of ‘puberty education’ really sinks in (San Francisco Chronicle Article)